Saturday, September 11, 2010

writing as therapy

there's something I've noticed with myself in all the years that I have tried to maintain a journal. I have never been the type of person to write in my journals everyday, or chronicle every single event of my life. Instead, I have noticed that I process most of what I feel and through by writing. This blog has served the same purpose. I started maintaining this blog in 2008, while going through a major loss in my life. Looking at my older entries, I have noticed that as the months went on, my entries became less frequent, because I did not have much to process anymore. The only thing that is the same is that I am still very, very reticent about sharing this blog with anyone who knows me personally. So I guess some things never change. I have always been very reluctant to share my writing and thoughts with others, preferring to keep things to myself.

No comments: