Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sometimes I wonder if I unconsciously keep myself isolated from others, and then wonder why the same shared experience seems to have a different hue and tone for them.

For the past day or so, I have been reconnecting with my block mates from my first year in law school, and in sharing stories and reminiscing, I have come to the realization that I have a tendency to isolate myself, and in doing so have missed so so much of how it was to be young and relatively worry free.

What I'm realizing is that perhaps I am an introvert and prefer to escape into my own world instead of engaging with the rest of the world. I'm happy reading, be it books, my favorite sites, or watching the various television series I find myself interested, and generally being alone.

No comments: